Palm Sunday Trivia Questions and Answers
Feeling confident that you know everything about Palm Sunday? Put your knowledge to the test with our Palm Sunday Trivia Questions and Answers!
Get ready to discover fascinating facts about the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem, as described in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and test your recall on the events leading up to his crucifixion.
For more on Palm Sunday, see also Bible Verses About Palm Sunday, and Trivia Questions About Easter.
Table of Contents
Palm Sunday Trivia Questions
- When is Palm Sunday celebrated in the Christian calendar?
- What is the significance of Palm Sunday in the Christian faith?
- What is the traditional symbol of Palm Sunday?
- What is the significance of the palm branches used on Palm Sunday?
- What does the word "Hosanna" mean in Hebrew?
- Who laid their coats and palm branches on the road in front of Jesus on Palm Sunday?
- As Jesus rode triumphantly into Jerusalem, what did the people that followed him shout?
- What event does Palm Sunday mark the beginning of in the Christian faith?
- What is the name of the procession that takes place on Palm Sunday?
- What is the name of the biblical account of Palm Sunday in the New Testament?
- What is the name of the mount where Jesus made his triumphal entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday?
- What did the people in the city say when they saw Jesus enter Jerusalem?
- What did the crowd that followed Jesus into the city reply when they asked who is this?
- What did the Pharisees ask Jesus on Palm Sunday to do regarding the shouting of the disciples?
- Why did the crowd lay their coats and palm branches on the road in front of Jesus on Palm Sunday?
- What did the people believe about Jesus when he entered Jerusalem on Palm Sunday?
- In Jesus reply to the Pharisees, what did he say will happen to the stones if his disciples keep quiet?
- What did the disciples do when they brought the donkey to Jesus?
- Who was riding on the donkey that Jesus rode into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday?
- What is the name of the place Jesus told his disciples to go and get the donkey?
- When Jesus entered the temple court, what did he do?
- Complete this sentence: "My house will be a house of prayer; but you have made it ____."
- After his triumphal entry into Jerusalem, Jesus began teaching at the temple. What did the chief priests, teachers and leaders among the people try to do?
- What happened to Jesus as he saw the city while approaching Jerusalem?
- What was the name of the town Jesus stayed in before his triumphant entry into Jerusalem?
Palm Sunday Trivia Answers
- The Sunday before Easter
- It commemorates Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem
- Palm branches
- They symbolize Jesus' victory and the arrival of the Messiah
- Save us or "Please save"
- The people of Jerusalem
- Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord
- Holy Week
- The Palm Sunday procession
- The Triumphal Entry (Matthew 21:1-11)
- The Mount of Olives
- Who is this?
- This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee
- To rebuke his disciples
- To show honor and respect to Jesus
- They believed he was the Messiah
- The stones will cry out
- They spread their cloaks on the donkey for Jesus to sit on
- No one ever rode on the donkey
- A village but name not mentioned
- He drove out all who were buying and selling in the temple
- a den of robbers
- They plotted to kill Jesus
- He wept over Jerusalem
What does the word "Palm" signify in Palm Sunday?
The word "Palm" in Palm Sunday refers to the palm branches that were laid on the road to welcome Jesus into Jerusalem. The use of palm branches is a symbol of victory and triumph.
Leave a Reply