20 Powerful Bible Verses About Salvation
Salvation is a central theme in the Bible and is fundamental to the Christian faith. Through salvation, we are redeemed and reconciled to God and granted eternal life in heaven.
The word "salvation" comes from the Latin word salvatio, meaning "safe". In Christianity, one's faith in God is essential for attaining salvation. Jesus Christ shed his blood and died on the cross for our sins in order to release us from our guilt and shame through an act of grace by God.
The following 20 Bible verses are some of the most powerful and significant verses about salvation and its implications for our lives.
Bible Verses About Salvation
John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Romans 10:9 - "If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Ephesians 2:8-9 - "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast."
Isaiah 53:5 - "But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed."
Titus 3:5 - "He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit."
Matthew 1:21 - "She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
John 1:12 - "Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God."
Romans 5:9 - "Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!"
1 Peter 2:24 - "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed."
Acts 16:31 - "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household."
Luke 19:10 - "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost."
1 Corinthians 15:3-4 - "For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures."
John 5:24 - "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life."
Hebrews 9:22 - "In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness."
Romans 10:13 - "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
Colossians 1:14 - "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins."
Acts 4:12 - "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."
1 Timothy 2:5-6 - "For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time."
2 Corinthians 5:21 - "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."
Revelation 3:20 - "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me."
Inspiring Quotes About Salvation
- God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, "I love you." - Billy Graham
- It is a fact that the Lord Jesus has already died for you. It is also a fact that you have already died with the Lord Jesus. If you do not believe in your death with Christ, you will not be able to receive the effectiveness of death with Him - freedom from sin. - Watchman Nee
- Christ is a substitute for everything, but nothing is a substitute for Christ. - Harry Ironside
- Saving us is the greatest and most concrete demonstration of God's love, the definitive display of His grace throughout time and eternity. - David Jeremiah
- Though the Bible was written over sixteen centuries by at least forty authors, it has one central theme-salvation through faith in Christ. - Max Lucado
- It is not thy hold on Christ that saves thee; it is Christ. It is not thy joy in Christ that saves thee; it is Christ. It is not even thy faith in Christ, though that be the instrument; it is Christ's blood and merit. - Charles Spurgeon
- Through salvation our past has been forgiven, our present is given meaning, and out future is secured. - Rick Warren
- It is our privilege to know that we are saved. - Dwight L. Moody
- You will find all true theology summed up in these two short sentences: Salvation is all of the grace of God. Damnation is all of the will of man. - Charles Spurgeon
- The purpose of the Bible is simply to proclaim God’s plan to save His children. It asserts that man is lost and needs to be saved. And it communicates the message that Jesus is the God in the flesh sent to save His children. - Max Lucado
- Since no man is excluded from calling upon God the gate of salvation is open to all. There is nothing else to hinder us from entering, but our own unbelief. - John Calvin
- Jesus is not one of many ways to approach God, nor is He the best of several ways; He is the only way. - A. W. Tozer
- Salvation comes through a cross and a crucified Christ. - Andrew Murray
Where in the Bible does it say the only way to heaven is through Jesus?
The only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ. This can be found in John 14:6 (NIV) - "Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Also in John 3:5 (NLT) - "Jesus replied, I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.
These two verses are self explanatory, no one can enter into heaven without first accepting Jesus as Lord and savior. This is being born-again.
We hope that you have been blessed and learnt something from this topic on Bible verses about salvation, what the Bible says about salvation through works.