If you love animated movies and series, and love to challenge yourself with questions and answers, then check out our Pixar trivia questions and answers game.
Today’s trivia quiz questions about Pixar ranges from the company’s history, to their movies‘ plot, cartoon characters and many more. Our goal in this trivia game is to test your knowledge and understanding of the animation studio and its productions.
All answers are provided for validation and for educational purposes. This quiz also provides a fun way for fans of Pixar movies to learn more about the studio.
Pixar Trivia Questions and Answers
1. What was the name of the very first film that Pixar ever created?
Answer: Toy Story
2. What is the name of the terrifying neighbour that lives next door to Andy in the Toy Story movies?
3. What type of animal is the primary character in the famous animated movie “Ratatouille”?
4. What is the catchphrase of Gusteau in the film “Ratatouille”?
Answer: Anyone can cook
5. Which restaurant is appeared in the film “Ratatouille”?
6. Who teaches Alfredo Linguine to cook in the film Ratatouille?
7. Who wrote the story on which the film “A Bug’s Life” is based?
8. What is the name of the movie in which Princess Atta appears?
Answer: A Bug’s Life
9. In the movie Monsters Inc., the characters Mike and Sulley Dwell reside in what city?
10. In what year did the first Toy Story movie make its debut in theaters?
11. In the Pixar film ” Finding Nemo” what kind of fish is the main character?
12. In the movie “Brave”, what is the name of the bear that Merida’s father is trying to find?
13. What do the sea monsters call people in the Pixar film “Luca”?
Answer: Land Monsters
14. In the movie “Up”, what is the final merit badge that Russell has to achieve?
Answer: Assisting the Elderly
15. Where do Carl and Ellie plan to go with the money they save in “Up”?
Answer: Paradise Falls
16. Where exactly does the story of Brave take place?
17. Where exactly does the story of “Mulan” take place?
18. In which country does the story of the film “Luca” take place?
19. What city did the film “Cars 2” climax occur in?
20. In which city does the action of “Turning Red” take place?
Pixar Trivia Quiz with Answers
21. What is the character’s name of Andy’s sister in the “Toy Story” movies?
22. Who is the most vehement foe of the Galactic Alliance in “Toy Story”?
Answer: Emperor Zurg
23. What kind of musical instrument does Jue Gardner play in the band Soul?
24. What is the real first name of the character Frozone from The Incredibles?
25. What holiday is the theme of the famous Pixar film “Coco”?
Answer: Dia De Los Muertos
26. What kind of work does Miguel’s family do in the film “Coco” to make a living?
27. Who is Miguel’s preferred musical artist in the movie “Coco”?
Answer: Ernesto de la Cruz
28. Who does Woody save from the yard sale in the film “Toy Story 2”?
29. What is the name of the horse that appears in the famous film “Toy Story 2”?
30. What is the name of the dog in the movie “Up” who can talk?
31. In the film “Toy Story 3”, how does Bonnie have a connection to Andy?
Answer: She is a family friend
32. In the film “Toy Story 3”, who rescues Woody and other toys from the incinerator?
Answer: The Little Green Men Aliens
33. In the Pixar movie “Toy Story 3”, which plaything (toy) did Andy select to bring with him to college?
34. In the film “Inside Out”, what sport does Riley participate in?
35. Where do memories that are forgotten in “Inside Out” go?
Answer: The Memory Dump
36. In the movie “Inside Out”, how exactly is Bing Bong’s Wagon rocket propelled?
37. Who is the ringleader of the grasshopper gang that steals food in the movie “A Bug’s Life”?
38. In what year did the famous Pixar film “Ratatouille” release?
39. In the movie “Ratatouille”, what kind of work does Remy most want to do?
40. Who is Nemo’s father in the film “Finding Nemo”?
Pixar Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
41. In the movie “Onwards”, what are the two brothers’ names?
Answer: Lan & Barley Lightfoot
42. What is Lan’s high school’s mascot in the film “Onwards”?
43. What is the name of the horse that Merida rides in the movie “Brave”?
44. Who was Mike’s first roommate during his time at Monster University?
45. Which Pixar film has the character Stinky Pete?
Answer: Toy Story 2
46. Mike Wazowski appears in which Pixar animated film?
Answer: Monsters Inc.
47. When did Pixar get its first start?
48. Where exactly is the headquarters of Pixar located?
49. What is the name of the toy that goes by the name “Space Ranger” in the Toy Story franchise?
Answer: Buzz Lightyear
50. Which kindergarten do Andy and Woody attend in “Toy Story 3”?
Answer: Sunny Side
51. What is the name of the castle that appears in the Pixar movie “Brave”?
Answer: Castle DunBroch
52. What is the name of the character’s octopus in the film “Finding Dory”?
53. What is the name of the town that Lightning McQueen is stranded in during the movie “Cars”?
Answer: Radiator Springs
54. In what year was the famous Pixar film “Cars” released?
55. Which cartoon film is it in which Lightning McQueen first makes an appearance?
56. What is the catchphrase of Lightning McQueen in the film “Cars”?
57. Who is Lightning McQueen’s main rival in the film “Cars 3”?
Answer: Jackson Storm
58. Who comes out on top in the Florida 500, that last race in the film “Cars 3?”
Answer: Cruz Ramirez
59. In what year did the famous movie “Onward” release?
60. In what year was the famous animated film “Icredibles 2” released?
61. When was the Pixar film “Toy Story 2” released?
62. What year was the popular film “Toy Story 3” released?
63. Which Pixar film received two Academy Awards in 2010?
64. Who is the founder of Pixar Animation Studios?
Answer: George Lukas
65. Who was the director of the famous Pixar film “Coco”?
Answer: Adrian Molina
66. When was the animated film “Coco” released?
67. Who became the majority shareholder of Pixar in 1986?
Answer: Steve Jobs
68. Pixar was bought over in 2006 by who?
Answer: The Walt Disney Company
69. Pixar was part of the Lucasfilm computer division known as?
Answer: The Graphics Group
70. What rendering software program did Pixar use in the 1980s?