Youth groups are a great way to get kids involved in extracurricular activities and meet new friends. But sometimes, it can be hard to get the conversation started. That’s where icebreaker questions come in!
In this blog post, we’ll be sharing some icebreaker questions for youth groups. These icebreaker questions are sure to get your youth group talking and laughing! So go ahead and give them a try at your next meeting or event.
Random Question Generator
Generate random icebreaker quiz questions for your youth program or office meeting using our free online random question generator tool!
If you were asked to invent something, what would you invent and why?
Funny Icebreaker Questions For Youth Groups
- Who are you close to in your family and why?
- What is your favorite joke?
- If the plane you are traveling in experiences turbulence, what will be your immediate reaction?
- If you were asked to invent something, what would you invent and why?
- If you were asked to change one thing in your country, what would you change first?
- Which animal would you prefer to have as a pet at home? Why?
- Have you ever been lied to? If yes, what was the lie about?
- Which can you afford to let go, breakfast, lunch or dinner? Why?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What is your favorite thing to do for fun?
- What is one fictional character you wish was real?
- What has changed about you since you were a child? In what way are you still the same?
- If you are at the zoo, which animal would you enjoy watching most and why?
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up and why?
- What item of clothing did you wear over and over as a kid?
- If you could eat just one food for the rest of your life, what food would it be? Why?
- What is your dream car and why?
- Which fruit is your favorite fruit and why?
- If a documentary about your life was made, what would be your favorite scene?
- If the light goes off at night, how scared will you be and why?
Icebreaker Questions For Youth Ministry
- What has been your most challenging situation in life as a Christian?
- How can you describe your prayer life. Rate between 1-10 and give the reason for your rating.
- If you put yourself in Jesus’s position, what one thing will you change about your life and why?
- If Jesus appears to you now, what one issue in your life will you ask Him to help you resolve?
- If someone asks you how many ways to Heaven, what will your answer be. Give a Bible reference to back your answer.
- What is the most inspirational or motivational thing you have experienced in life. It might be a recently read Bible verse, artwork that meant a lot to you, a spiritual book you read, nature, or someone you encountered.
- If you were asked to share a Bible verse, which would it be?
- As you grow older, what one quality in you do you hope to retain (besides a sound mind)?
- If you had been on a trip that had a spiritual impact on your life, describe it and its impact on you?
- Can you describe who God is to you and your family?
- If you are to choose from the 12 disciples of Christ, who will it be and why?
- How important is it to attend Church service regularly?
- How often do you read the Bible?
- When you wake up in the morning, what is the first thing you do?
- Have you ever witnessed to anyone? If so, what was your experience?
- If God gives you an open cheque for one thing, what will you ask for God and why?
- How often do you meditate on God’s words?
- What Christian game do you love playing?
- Is social media good for a Christian? Give reasons for your answer.
- What was Peter so scared of that he denied Jesus 3 times?
Faith Based Icebreaker Questions
- Which are you, Ruth or Naomi? Why (Share the story of Ruth and Naomi if you know any)
- Can you describe what Grace means to you?
- Can you describe what Faith means to you?
- Do you have a servant-like heart? If so, how will you describe it?
- Do you know what God’s calling for your life is?
- Have you had the gift of the Holy Spirit? If so, describe from the moment you receive the gift and your experience.
- What one worship song or lyrics have touched or spoken to your heart? Describe it.
- Do you believe every sinner does have a chance to enter God’s kingdom? If Yes, how can they enter God’s kingdom?
- Do you have the Holy Spirit in you?
- Are you struggling with a recurring sin? If Yes, can you describe it if you feel comfortable sharing it?
- Who is your spiritual hero in the Bible, and why?
- What is Salvation, and how does it apply in your life?
- Do you believe you have what it takes to heal a sick person? If Yes, what makes you think so?
- If an unbeliever is willing to repent and accept Christ as his Lord and Saviour, what steps will you take to help them achieve it?
- What characteristic in you identifies you as a child of God?
- Which Hymn song is your favourite hymn and why?
- If someone asks you who Jesus is. How will you describe Jesus to that person?
- Have you ever gone for evangelism? If so, can you describe what your experience was like and the outcome?
- If someone is struggling with a recurring sin, how will you help them to overcome it?
- Have you ever fasted? If you have, what were your max hours and what was your experience?
Conversation Icebreaker Questions
- How do you know if you are born-again?
- What one word will your friends in Church use to describe you and why?
- What will you describe as your biggest mistake in life. And if you had the chance to correct it, what would it be?
- If you had the chance to change your career, which would you have gone for and why?
- What is your most outstanding achievement in life?
- God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power. What has been your greatest fear in life, and how did you overcome it?
- We have made silly mistakes at one time in our life. What was your silliest mistake, and how did you get around it?
- What is your most memorable gift ever received?
- Out of all the Christian movies you have ever watched, which touched your life?
- How much time do you spend on mobile games, and what value has it added to your life?
- Are you good at cooking, and if so, which is your best dish ever cooked?
- Is it ideal for a Christian to go to the theatre to watch movies?
- Which animal or insect are you afraid of the most and why?
- If you are a football fan, which club do you follow and why?
- If you have ever bought a gift for someone, what was it and why that gift?
- What do you hope to become in life, and do you have any plans to achieve it?
- How would you spend your time daily if you become wealthy?
- Who is your best friend and why?
- Was there anytime you left your comfort zone? If there was, can you describe it?
- If you have been on vacation, where did you go, and how was your experience?
Would You Rather Icebreaker Questions
- Would you rather be the head rather than the tail?
- Would you rather live a rich life or live a famous or live a simple life?
- Would you rather be loved by all or feared by all?
- Would you rather be active in Church or be a Church goer?
- Would you rather be a sheep or a shepherd?
- Would you rather hear God speak to you in your dreams or vision or hear angels singing?
- Would you rather be a servant leader or be served?
- Would you rather let go of your wealth and follow Jesus or hold onto your wealth?
- Would you rather be raptured or face the tribulation?
- Would you rather build a house for the work of God or your own home?
- Would you rather date a Christian or a non-Christian?
- Would you rather have Solomon’s wisdom or David’s strength?
- Would you rather follow the pattern of this world or follow Christ?
- Would you rather be a giver or a receiver?
- Would you rather please God or please man?
What’s Your Favorite Icebreaker Questions
Here are 20 icebreaker questions that are perfect for getting a youth group discussion going:
- What’s your favorite animal?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite hobby?
- What’s your favorite thing to do on a weekend?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What is one favorite activity from childhood you wish you could do now?
- What’s your favorite band?
- What’s your favorite song?
- What’s your favorite sports team?
- What’s your favorite athlete?
- What’s your favorite place to go on vacation?
- What’s your favorite thing about school?
- What’s your favorite thing about your hometown?
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
- What’s your favorite thing about your family?
- What’s your favorite thing about your friends?
- What’s your favorite thing about life?
- What’s your favorite thing about King?
This or That Icebreaker Questions
1. Work on your assignments immediately or wait until the last minute?
2. Which subject do you like – Math or English?
3. Which do you prefer – Drawing or Painting?
4. Which subjects do you enjoy the most – History or Science?
5. Do you prefer group work or solo work?
6. Do you like a big car or a small car?
7. Do you prefer taking a bus or riding to school?
8. Do you love walking fast or slowly?
9. Would you like to hear a poem or story?
10. Do you leave your room tidy or messy?
11. Do you like eating mom’s food or prefer fast foods?
12. Are you handsome, beautiful, or ugly?
13. Which is your best day – Christmas day or your birthday?
14. Which do you prefer – Gospel music or Country music?
15. Would you rather have a fried egg or a boiled egg?
16. Do you prefer writing with a pen or pencil?
17. Would you rather be a cheerleader or mascot?
18. Do you prefer home schooling or classroom learning?
19. Do you love eating cookies or brownies?
20. Football game or basketball game? Which do you watch the most?
Personality Icebreaker Questions
1. What five things do you like about yourself?
2. Have you had any spiritual encounters in life? If so, describe what it was and how it has affected your life.
3. How important is prayer in your life?
4. How will you identify a false teacher?
5. Who in the old testament would you long to see apart from God and Jesus?
6. How would you handle difficult situations in your life as a Christian?
7. When dealing with others, how will they perceive you?
8. How often do you meet new godly friends?
9. When engaging in a conversation, are you controlling, listening, or telling?
10. How do you handle a misunderstanding between your friends?
11. How can you describe your organizational skills?
12. How often do you help mom to wash the dishes?
13. How prepared are you for the second coming of the Lord?
14. If Jesus appears today, how certain are you that you will enter His kingdom?
15. How will you describe your relationship with God?
16. Have you been baptized? If Yes, tell us at what age, place, and experience.
17. How is your relationship with your parents and siblings?
18. How can you describe your prayer life today?
19. Can your school teachers rely on you in the classroom? Why?
20. What have you been praying for lately?
Bonus – Icebreaker Activities For Students
It’s the first day of school and your students are all sitting in their desks, looking a little apprehensive. You want to help them feel comfortable and get to know each other, but you’re not sure how. icebreaker activities are the perfect solution!
There are a lot of different icebreaker activities you can do with your students, but here are a few of our favorites:
1. One Word:
Have each student think of one word to describe themselves. Once everyone has their word, go around the room and have each student share their word with the group. This is a great way to get to know a little bit about each student and what makes them unique.
2. Two Truths and a Lie:
This is a classic icebreaker game that is always a hit with students! Have each student think of two truths about themselves and one lie. Once everyone has their three statements, have each student share them with the group. The other students then have to try to guess which statement is the lie. This is a great way to get students to interact with each other and to learn some fun facts about their classmates.
3. Would You Rather:
This is a great icebreaker activity for getting students to think critically and to start discussions. Give each student a piece of paper with two would you rather questions on it. have students write down their answers to the questions and then pair up with someone and share their answers. After everyone has had a chance to share, discuss as a group some of the more interesting answers. This is a great way to get students thinking and talking about topics they might not otherwise discuss.
4. The Name Game:
This is a classic icebreaker that is perfect for getting everyone to learn each other’s names. To play, everyone sits in a circle and the first person starts by saying their name and a fun fact about themselves. The next person then does the same thing. This continues around the circle until everyone has had a turn.
5. What’s in Your Bag?:
This is a fun activity that allows students to share a little bit about themselves and what they like. To play, everyone brings a bag with them to class. Inside the bag, they put five items that represent something about themselves. Once everyone has arrived, they take turns sharing what’s in their bag and why those items were chosen.
6. All About Me:
This is another great activity for getting students to share something about themselves. To play, everyone takes a piece of paper and draws a picture of themselves. Once everyone has finished, they share their picture with the person next to them and explain why they drew what they did.
7. The Question Game:
This is a fun way to get students to ask each other questions and learn more about each other. To play, everyone sits in a circle and the first person starts by asking a question to the person next to them. The person then has to answer the question and ask a new question to the next person. This continues around the circle until everyone has had a turn.
These are just a few of the many icebreaker questions for youth groups, icebreaker activities for students that you can use to help everyone get to know each other and feel comfortable in the classroom.
What icebreaker activities do you like to use with your students?