In this post, we will be sharing with you some powerful prayers for alcoholic husband to get him back once and for all from the slavery of alcoholism, a most common addiction in today’s world among men.
An alcoholic husband is one that is most likely to cheat on his wife, most likely to be violent with her, and most likely to ruin the life of a family. If you are going through such a relationship filled with violence and drama, then you need to go to God in prayer to save your marriage.
There is no doubt that an alcoholic husband can be destructive in a home, but there is also hope for him if he tries hard enough to overcome his drinking habit. Here are some powerful prayers for an alcoholic husband for a wife to pray upon.
Prayer For My Alcoholic Dad
Dear God, I pray for my alcoholic father, please cure my dad of this bad addiction and give him the strength to overcome it forever. Please heal my dad completely from this addiction inflicted upon him by the enemy. Dear Lord, I ask that may your will be done in his life today and forever and let him become a good father to us his children, in Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Prayers For Alcoholic Husband To Become Sober
Dear Lord, I come before you today on behalf of my alcoholic husband who has become a slave to alcohol and has been destroying our marriage for some time now. Lord, I bind every demonic spirit, witchcraft working against my husband to ruin our marriage through drinking. I ask that you come now in glorious power, remove these agents of hell assigned to my husband and his addiction so that he can be set free from this bondage today, in Jesus’ name I pray, Amen
Prayer For My Alcoholic Husband To Stop Drinking
Dear Lord, I bring before you my alcoholic husband who is the head of our home. You are his creator and you have made him just the way he is today. He has made some bad choices and now we suffer the consequences of those wrong decisions together with his drinking habit. Lord, please show mercy on him and take away this addiction immediately. Give him the courage to resist it in Jesus’ name I pray, Amen
Prayer For A Husband’s Salvation
Almighty God, I come before you today because my husband is an alcoholic and is headed towards destruction if something isn’t done immediately. Please God save him from this addiction inflicted upon him by the enemy. Let my husband become sober once again so that he may enjoy life with me here on earth until we meet up in heaven, in Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Prayer To Save Marriage From Alcoholic Husband
Dear Lord, I come to you today on behalf of my alcoholic husband who has become a slave to alcohol and has been destroying our marriage for some time now. Please God help me save this marriage by setting him free from this addiction. Lord, please give my husband the courage to resist drinking temptation so that he may be saved once and for all, in Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Prayer For Healing An Alcoholic Husband
Father God, I come before you to ask for your divine intervention for my alcoholic husband who has descended into the level of insanity as a result of this addiction that is taking away our marriage. Lord, please remove the spirit of alcohol from his life and deliver him from this addiction inflicted upon him by Satan. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Prayer To Cast Out Addiction To Alcohol
Father God, I come before you on behalf of my alcoholic husband who is headed towards destruction if something isn’t done immediately. Please remove this addiction from his life and give him the strength to resist it in Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Prayer To Set My Husband Free From Alcohol Addiction
Lord, I come to you today on behalf of my husband who has become enslaved to alcohol which has affected our home. Please God set him free from this addiction that is taking away our marriage. Lord, help my husband to know that you alone are the answer to his problems and not alcohol. Give him the strength he needs to resist it, in Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
10 Tips To Resist Alcohol Addiction
1. Do not allow the devil to make you feel guilty for your addiction. Jesus died on the cross so that our sins may be forgiven and we need to accept his gift of salvation and forgive ourselves as well and turn away from alcohol completely.
2. Make a commitment and resolve to free yourself from this addiction for good, using your faith in God as the strength you need to resist it each day.
3. Go out with friends who will support you and encourage you during this difficult time of abstinence from drinking alcohol. You can also join a Christian group where you can socialize in a safe environment without the temptation of alcohol.
4. Join an online community where like-minded believers share their testimonies about how they were set free from alcoholism through Jesus Christ alone and advise others on how best to live sober lives without the crutch of alcohol.
5. Know the difference between “I can’t do it” and “I don’t want to do it”. If someone tells you they can’t quit drinking because they are not strong enough, tell them many people can testify that with God’s help anyone can overcome any form of addiction be it alcoholism or drug addiction. It’s a matter of willingness and wanting to get rid of it.
6. Join a gym or any other exercise program where the temptation of drinking will be far from your mind while staying fit and healthy.
7. Stay away from people who encourage you to drink alcohol during this time in your life when you are trying to free yourself from addiction once and for all. Alcohol addiction is not something to fool around with, so do not take it lightly at all, no matter what promises friends make about their ability to control how much they drink!
8. Do not turn back into the person you were before when alcohol was controlling every aspect of your life since that person does not exist anymore thanks to God’s power working in your life today!
9. Pray for help to resist temptation, asking God to give you the strength to say no every time someone offers you a drink. Make up your mind to say no to alcohol and stick with it.
10. Remember that God is always there for you, never forget that like the scripture says “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they shall not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned; neither shall the flame scorch you.” Isaiah 43:2
1. “Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.” Proverbs 20:1
2. “Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh:” Proverbs 23:20
3. “Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine.” Proverbs 23:29-30
4. “For the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty…” Proverbs 23:21
5. “Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.” Proverbs 23:31-32
6. “Here is a piece of advice that is true: Drink only wine that you have bought with your own money. Why should God punish you if you enjoy buying wine? You will be even happier if the wine is from another country, for he will never see it at all!” Proverbs 31:6-7
7. “And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household.” Deuteronomy 14:26
8. “Woe to those who rise early in the morning to run after their drinks, Who stay up late at night till they are inflamed with wine. They have harps and lyres at their banquets, tambourines and flutes and wine, but they have no regard for the deeds of the Lord And no respect for the work of his hands.” Isaiah 5:11-12
9. “But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.” 1 Corinthians 5:11
10. “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.” 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
11. “They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wit’s end.” Psalm 107:27
12. “They that sit in the gate speak against me; and I was the song of the drunkards.” Psalm 69:12
13. “They grope in the dark without light, and he maketh them to stagger like a drunken man.” Job 12:25
14. “And he prepared great provision for them: and when they had eaten and drunk, he sent them away, and they went to their master. So the bands of Syria came no more into the land of Israel.” 2 Kings 6:23
15. “And they went out at noon. But Benhadad was drinking himself drunk in the pavilions, he and the kings, the thirty and two kings that helped him.” 1 Kings 20:16
16. “And his servant Zimri, captain of half his chariots, conspired against him, as he was in Tirzah, drinking himself drunk in the house of Arza steward of his house in Tirzah.” 1 Kings 16:9
17. “And when David had called him, he did eat and drink before him; and he made him drunk: and at even he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but went not down to his house.” 2 Samuel 11:13
18. “And Abigail came to Nabal; and, behold, he held a feast in his house, like the feast of a king; and Nabal’s heart was merry within him, for he was very drunken: wherefore she told him nothing, less or more, until the morning light.” 1 Samuel 25:36
19. “And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the Lord.” 1 Samuel 1:15
20. “And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee.” 1 Samuel 1:14
21. “I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.” Deuteronomy 32:42
22. “Ye have not eaten bread, neither have ye drunk wine or strong drink: that ye might know that I am the Lord your God.” Deuteronomy 29:6
23. “And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.” Deuteronomy 21:20
24. “And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.” Genesis 9:21
How does alcohol ruin a marriage?
Drinking is a self-indulgence that only offers short-term pleasure. It is an individualistic behaviour that reduces the drinker’s interest in others, while conversely increasing their desire for more alcohol. Alcoholism has been known to ruin marriages and end relationships, but it can also destroy a person’s character and reputation.
In some cases, drinking can lead to chaotic social behaviour that can even cause a person to break the law. In most cases of divorce, alcohol is usually involved as substance abuse has been blamed as one of the major causes of marital problems and family breakups.
Is drinking alcohol a sin in Christianity?
There are no scriptures in the bible that say drinking alcohol is a sin. However, there are many verses that talk about how God created certain things to be used and understood for our good but also how he warns us of the dangers of overuse or misuse of anything including alcohol.
1 Corinthians 6:12-13
All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
We hope that you have been blessed by our collection of powerful prayers for alcoholic husband to get him back once and for all from the slavery of alcoholism. Don’t forget to checkout our blog section for the latest frequently asked bible questions and quizzes.