50 Genesis Quiz Questions and Answers
Want to test your knowledge of the Book of Genesis? Take our Genesis Quiz questions and answers and see how well you know the first book of the Bible!
We also see the story of Noah's Ark, which tells of a great flood that covered the Earth and how Noah built an ark according to God's specifications to save his family and pairs of every kind of animal.
If you want to test your knowledge of the Book of Genesis, you've come to the right place. We've compiled a list of Genesis questions and answers that will challenge your understanding of this important book.
See also: Exodus Bible Quiz Questions and Answers
Bible Quiz Genesis 1-10 With Answers
- Question: What is the first line of the Bible in the book of Genesis?
Answer: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
- Question: On which day did God create the light?
Answer: God created the light on the first day.
- Question: What did God create on the second day of creation?
Answer: On the second day, God created the sky (or the firmament).
- Question: What did God call the dry land and the gathered waters?
Answer: God called the dry land "Earth" and the gathered waters "Seas".
- Question: Who was the first man created by God?
Answer: The first man created by God was Adam.
- Question: Who was the first woman created by God?
Answer: The first woman created by God was Eve.
- Question: What was the forbidden fruit that Adam and Eve ate?
Answer: The Bible doesn't specify the type of fruit. It is often depicted as an apple, but the text only refers to it as "the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden".
- Question: Who were Adam and Eve's sons?
Answer: Adam and Eve's sons were Cain, Abel, and Seth.
- Question: What was the punishment of Cain after he killed his brother Abel?
- Answer: God made him a wanderer on the earth.
- Question: Who built the ark to survive the great flood?
Answer: Noah built the ark to survive the great flood.
Bible Quiz Genesis 11-20 With Answers
- Question: In Genesis 11, what was the name of the city where people were building a tower to reach heaven?
Answer: The city was called Babel.
- Question: Who was Abram's wife as mentioned in Genesis 11?
Answer: Abram's wife was Sarai.
- Question: In Genesis 12, God made a promise to Abram. What was this promise?
Answer: God promised Abram that He would make him into a great nation, bless him, make his name great, and that all peoples on earth would be blessed through him.
- Question: What did Abram do when there was a famine in the land as described in Genesis 12?
Answer: Abram went down to Egypt to live there for a while because the famine was severe.
- Question: In Genesis 13, what land did Lot choose for himself when Abram let him choose first?
Answer: Lot chose the whole plain of Jordan, which was well watered everywhere like the garden of the LORD.
- Question: Who was the king of Salem who brought out bread and wine in Genesis 14?
Answer: Melchizedek was the king of Salem who brought out bread and wine.
- Question: In Genesis 15, what did God promise Abram about his descendants?
Answer: God promised Abram that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars in the sky.
- Question: Who was Hagar according to Genesis 16?
Answer: Hagar was Sarai's Egyptian maidservant.
- Question: What was the name of the son born to Hagar and Abram in Genesis 16?
Answer: The son born to Hagar and Abram was named Ishmael.
- Question: In Genesis 17, God made a covenant with Abram and changed his name. What was his new name?
Answer: Abram's new name was Abraham.
- Question: In Genesis 18, who visited Abraham and Sarah?
Answer: Three men, who were divine beings (one of them being the LORD), visited Abraham and Sarah.
- Question: What did Sarah do when she heard she would have a son in her old age in Genesis 18?
Answer: Sarah laughed.
- Question: What cities were destroyed by God in Genesis 19?
Answer: The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by God.
- Question: Who was turned into a pillar of salt in Genesis 19?
Answer: Lot's wife was turned into a pillar of salt.
- Question: In Genesis 20, who took Sarah from Abraham, thinking she was his sister?
Answer: King Abimelek took Sarah from Abraham.
Bible Quiz Genesis 21-30 With Answers
- Question: In Genesis 21, who was the son born to Sarah and Abraham?
Answer: The son born to Sarah and Abraham was Isaac.
- Question: What did God tell Abraham to do with his son Isaac in Genesis 22?
Answer: God told Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac as a burnt offering.
- Question: Who did Abraham send his servant to find a wife for Isaac in Genesis 24?
Answer: Abraham sent his servant to his own country and his own relatives to find a wife for Isaac.
- Question: Who became Isaac's wife in Genesis 24?
Answer: Rebekah became Isaac's wife.
- Question: In Genesis 25, who were the twin sons of Isaac and Rebekah?
Answer: The twin sons of Isaac and Rebekah were Esau and Jacob.
- Question: What did Esau sell to Jacob in Genesis 25?
Answer: Esau sold his birthright to Jacob.
- Question: In Genesis 26, what did God tell Isaac during the famine?
Answer: God told Isaac not to go down to Egypt, but to stay in the land that He would show him.
- Question: Who did Isaac lie about, saying she was his sister in Genesis 26?
Answer: Isaac lied about Rebekah, saying she was his sister.
- Question: In Genesis 27, who did Isaac bless thinking it was his eldest son?
Answer: Isaac blessed Jacob thinking it was his eldest son, Esau.
- Question: Who did Jacob see in his dream in Genesis 28?
Answer: Jacob saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.
- Question: In Genesis 29, who did Jacob marry first?
Answer: Jacob first married Leah.
- Question: Who was Jacob's second wife in Genesis 29?
Answer: Jacob's second wife was Rachel.
- Question: In Genesis 30, who were the maidservants that Jacob had children with?
Answer: Jacob had children with Bilhah and Zilpah, the maidservants of Rachel and Leah respectively.
Bible Quiz Genesis 31-40 With Answers
- Question: In Genesis 31, why did Jacob decide to flee from Laban?
Answer: Jacob decided to flee because he noticed that Laban's attitude towards him was not as it had been, and God had also told him to return to the land of his fathers.
- Question: What did Rachel steal from her father Laban in Genesis 31?
Answer: Rachel stole her father Laban's household gods.
- Question: In Genesis 32, who did Jacob wrestle with until daybreak?
Answer: Jacob wrestled with a man who is later revealed to be God.
- Question: What was Jacob's name changed to in Genesis 32?
Answer: Jacob's name was changed to Israel.
- Question: In Genesis 33, who did Jacob meet after he crossed the ford of the Jabbok?
Answer: Jacob met Esau after he crossed the ford of the Jabbok.
- Question: What tragedy befell Dinah, the daughter of Leah, in Genesis 34?
Answer: Dinah was violated by Shechem, the son of Hamor the Hivite, the ruler of that area.
- Question: In Genesis 35, who was born to Rachel as she was dying?
Answer: Benjamin was born to Rachel as she was dying.
- Question: Who were the sons of Jacob and Leah mentioned in Genesis 35?
Answer: The sons of Jacob and Leah were Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun.
- Question: In Genesis 37, what did Jacob give to Joseph that made his brothers jealous?
Answer: Jacob gave Joseph a richly ornamented robe, often referred to as the coat of many colors, which made his brothers jealous.
- Question: What did Joseph's brothers do to him in Genesis 37?
Answer: Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery.
- Question: In Genesis 39, who falsely accused Joseph leading to his imprisonment?
Answer: Potipar's wife falsely accused Joseph, leading to his imprisonment.
- Question: What special ability did Joseph demonstrate in Genesis 40?
Answer: Joseph demonstrated the ability to interpret dreams in Genesis 40.
Bible Quiz Genesis 41-50 With Answers
- Question: In Genesis 41, what were the two dreams that Pharaoh had which Joseph interpreted?
Answer: Pharaoh dreamt of seven fat cows being eaten by seven lean cows, and seven healthy heads of grain being devoured by seven thin and scorched heads of grain.
- Question: What position did Pharaoh give to Joseph in Genesis 41?
Answer: Pharaoh appointed Joseph as the governor of Egypt, second only to Pharaoh himself.
- Question: In Genesis 42, why did Joseph's brothers go to Egypt?
Answer: Joseph's brothers went to Egypt to buy grain because there was a famine in their own land.
- Question: What did Joseph accuse his brothers of when they came to Egypt in Genesis 42?
Answer: Joseph accused his brothers of being spies.
- Question: In Genesis 44, whose sack was Joseph's silver cup found in?
Answer: Joseph's silver cup was found in Benjamin's sack.
- Question: What did Joseph reveal to his brothers in Genesis 45?
Answer: Joseph revealed his true identity to his brothers.
- Question: In Genesis 46, who did God tell Jacob not to be afraid to go down to Egypt?
Answer: God told Jacob that He would make him into a great nation in Egypt.
- Question: Who were the sons of Joseph mentioned in Genesis 48?
Answer: The sons of Joseph were Manasseh and Ephraim.
- Question: In Genesis 49, what were Jacob's last words to his sons?
Answer: Jacob's last words to his sons were blessings and prophecies about their future.
- Question: What did Joseph's brothers fear after their father's death in Genesis 50?
Answer: Joseph's brothers feared that he would hold a grudge against them and pay them back for all the wrongs they did to him.
- Question: What did Joseph assure his brothers of in Genesis 50 after their father's death?
Answer: Joseph assured his brothers that he would provide for them and their children, reminding them that they meant evil against him, but God meant it for good.
- Question: Where was Joseph buried when he died in Genesis 50?
Answer: Joseph was embalmed and placed in a coffin in Egypt, but his bones were later taken to the Promised Land and buried at Shechem.
Bible Quiz Genesis 1-50 with Answers PDF
The Book Of Genesis FAQs
What is the meaning of Genesis in the Bible?
Genesis is the first book of the Old Testament and the Hebrew Bible. The word "Genesis" comes from the Greek word "geneseos," which means "origin" or "creation." The book of Genesis tells the story of Adam and Eve, Noah and the Flood, and Abraham and his descendants.
Is there a word Trinity in the Bible?
The word "Trinity" is not found in the Bible. It is a theological term used to describe the nature of God as three persons in one Godhead: the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit.
What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?
The sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was wickedness and depravity that had spread throughout the cities. In Genesis 18 and 19, God sends two angels to Lot, Abraham's nephew. However, the city's men gather outside Lot's house and demand that the angels be brought out to them so they can have sexual relations with them.
This reflects the widespread sexual immorality and perversion that had taken hold of the city. As a result, God destroys Sodom and Gomorrah with fire and brimstone, sparing only Lot and his family except his wife.
Who are the 12 tribes of Israel today?
According to the scriptures, Jacob, whose name was later changed to Israel, had 12 sons whom we all know became known as the 12 twelve tribes of Israel. Their names are as follows: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph, Benjamin, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
Why was Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt?
As Lot and his family flee the city, they are warned not to look back. Still, Lot's wife disobeys and is turned into a pillar of salt after looking back. What happened to Lot's wife highlights the importance of obedience to God's commands and the consequences of disobedience.
Why was Jacob's name changed to Israel?
According to Genesis 32:27-28, after Jacob wrestled with God, God now changed his name from Jacob to Israel because he had struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.
We hope that you have been blessed and learnt something from our collection of Genesis Bible Quiz questions and answers.